Gastric Sleeve Surgery and Pilates
Pilates is a rigorous form of exercise which emphasizes core strength and improvement in posture. During the gastric sleeve surgery journey it is important to take up a form of exercise that you feel committed and passionate about. For some it is walking or running, for many it is weight training or yoga and pilates. Whatever exercise program you commit to post sleeve gastrectomy surgery you should combine cardio/aerobic exercise with weight training and strength.
Pilates was created by the famous Josef Pilates, a German physical-culturist. He lived internationally and was very active in spreading the word about the health benefits of pilates. He strongly believed in the mind body connection and overall health and fitness. It is well known in relation to gastric sleeve surgery that good outcomes are based on both taking care of your mental and physical health.
Exercises such as yoga and/or pilates work and strengthen your mental focus and relaxation.
Benefits of pilates post gastric sleeve surgery include:
- Stregnthen your back and abdominal muscles
- Improve your alignment and posture
- Develop muscle balance to help prevent injuries
- Increase your flexibility
- Improve your circulation
- Develop a long, lean and strong body
- Enjoy more energy
Making the decision to do gastric sleeve surgery can be an empowering experience and change the course of your health to the positive; however it is always important with consultation of your physician to tailor your pilates regimen.
Pilates studios in Palm Beach County include:
- My Pilates – Wellington, Florida
- Pilates Wellness Center – Wellington, Florida
- Pilates of Palm Beach – Boynton Beach, Florida
- Pilates of Boynton Beach – Boynton Beach, Florida