Am I Candidate
There are a number of widely accepted criteria which make a patient suitable for Bariatric or weight loss surgery:
- BMI of 35 or a BMI greater than 30 with at least with 1 major obesity related disease eg. Diabetes, Asthma, Heart Disease, sleep Apnoea , osteo arthritis.
- Reasonable attempts at other weight loss techniques
- Over 18 years of age
- Obesity related health problems
- A capacity to understand the risks and commitment associated with the surgery
- Pregnancy not anticipated in the first two years following surgery
Your suitability for surgery will be determined after a formal discussion with our trained staff.